I’m not usually one to follow tags or trending topics; however, I recently came across the 25 things that make me happy tag and I thought I would give it a go. I could definitely use some positivity right about now!
- A warm cup of coffee in the morning
- Listening to music during the bus/train ride to work/school
- My family
- My friends
- Memories of my dog
- Journaling and self-reflection
- Playing my guitar
- Imagining the future
- My therapist
- Going for a walk
- Watching YouTube videos that cheer me up
- Thought-provoking conversations
- Talking to my best friend
- Playing with my brother’s cats when I visit him
- Warm, cozy clothes on a crisp autumn day
- Pumpkin spiced everything
- Cuddling with my Dad while watching TV (forever a daddy’s girl)
- Feeling loved and supported
This list is obviously by no means exhaustive, but it includes a lot of the things the little things I do all the time as well as some of the things that I don’t get to do often but I cherish when I can.
It truly is amazing how much of a difference it can make to your day if you take a moment to sit down and think about things that make you happy or joyful. Writing this post brought a smile to my face more than once and it made me realize the value in keeping a gratitude journal. The power of positive thinking is a tremendous thing.